Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Start

This Fitness Blog is going to be nothing but me talking about my journey into getting healthy and in a much better shape than the last 30 years of my life. When I turned 30 back in February I realized there were things I couldn't do because of the state my body was in. I wanted to change that, and the only way was to change what I ate and to start working on my "Fitness." I started to run...haha started, I could only run about 50 meters and i was done. I didn't give up though within a week or so I was running around 2 miles a day. I stopped drinking the 600 calories a day in Dr Pepper and switched to water, dropped 10lbs in a week and ran ran ran. I decided I needed something more than just running so I had an idea. My cousin and his wife started a CrossFit Box down in SouthEast Texas were I grew up. Because I live in Austin and I know no one in the CrossFit community I did some research on the inter-webs and found a few Boxes in Austin. I look into the closes one to me and emailed them. I am a photographer by trade and I figured I could offer them Photography Services in-trade for a membership. They seemed interested, so we set a date for me to come and to take some photo's during one of the classes. The pictures turn out great, I was pleased. The CrossFit Box decided to pass, not sure why but I wasn't going to give up. So I kept looking. A few weeks later, a friend of my cousin contacted me and told me she was opening a new CrossFit in Austin and would like to meet. So this starts my journey with CrossFit Rep! There is a smokn' deal going on right now if you are in Austin and would like to try out CrossFit. Check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment